What we are going to eat...




This week I don't have any work. In fact I have practically nothing in August, but that's okay, as I am going to the UK next Monday for a week, and then my mum is coming back here for 10 days or so. Mr FD is staying here as he is working for part of the time. We are going to take mum away for one night to Salers, to what looks like a very nice B&B, called Aux Berges du Lac


It looks rather lovely and peaceful. 

She will also have the pleasure of being here while I prepare for (and have!) a colonoscopy. Yay! I'm looking forward to that! Still, needs must.



Anyway, that's all in a weeks' time. Meanwhile, what's planned on the food front this week?

Yesterday our friends took us out for dinner. Mr FD had done lots of work for them on computers and other tech, so this was their way to say thank you. I benefitted because they felt they couldn't just take Mr FD and leave me at home. Huzzah!

We went to La Murette, a Belgian restaurant nearby. 
 I had a mixed tomato salad with anchovies and hard boiled egg - there were lots of different varieties and colour of tomatoes. It was light and refreshing. Then I chose spare ribs - which were delicious and packed with meat! In fact I couldn't finish mine, which was a real shame. This came with a baked potato and spiced cayenne butter, and ratatouille. I was so full that I'd used up my "pudding stomach" and just had a coffee! This morning I haven't wanted much breakfast at all! 

The rest of this week's plans look thusly:

TODAY: Roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, carrots, green beans. I'm probably going to church, which is at the inconvenient time of 5.30 during the summer. It means I get back at about 7.45, which is too late to start cooking. So I'll prep everything and Mr FD can put it in the oven. If I go.

MONDAY: Aubergine, mushroom & chickpea curry. I don't have recipe, but I do have curry paste, which I will use. I may throw in some spinach if it hasn't gone slimey.  I think we have some naan bread in the freezer.    

   

TUESDAY: Cold roast beef, chips and salad.

WEDNESDAY: Cheesy pasta and ratatouille. As I've said before with these links to Two Chubby Cubs, the blog post before the recipe can be a bit "racy" but the recipes look good! You can skip direct to the recipe if you prefer.

THURSDAY: TCC's Orange glazed salmon - but I can't get excited by a spicy butterbean salad so we're having it with rice and broccoli.

FRIDAY: Hunters' Chicken, potatoes and vegetables. Probably carrot. This uses a Slimming World barbecue sauce recipe, which may be yucky but may be quite nice. Who knows?! It certainly looks okay...except I won't be using sweetener. Just a pinch of sugar.


Hunters Chicken is basically chicken cooked in the barbecue sauce, with cheese and bacon on top. I'll probably use lardons, as bacon is difficult to get here.  Here's a "proper" recipe.

SATURDAY: Back to the Chubby Cubs, and their Rainbow Bulgur Wheat salad with feta and bacon.
We've had this before and it is delicious!



  • Low calorie cooking spray
  • 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp mild chilli powder
  • 225g passata
  • 3 tbsp sweetener
  • 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ tsp mustard powder
  • - See more at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/barbecue-sauce.aspx#sthash.1UQxGOWS.dpuf



     Thank you, thank you, thank you for comments. I love reading what you write.


    I have my ears forward like in "Happy" mode when I get comments!

    KEZZIE - thank you for your several comments! It's interesting how different people react to the hightened alert. I try to be sanguine like you - if it's going to happen, I can't do much about it. I hope you hads a good time in Sarlat; I really enjoyed our stay in the area, though I agree with you about the lack of veggies - and what there are have probably been cooked in duck fat! We thouyght the peanut noodles were a bit "meh" in the end. Sadly.

    MICHELLE - thank you for your good wishes. As you may have read, we had a lovely trip, despite the rain.

    POMPOM - you're welcome to come and cuddle cats whenever you wish! What day are you coming this week?!



    TRISH - I have seen the Lolcats on your blog. Some excellently relevant ones!! Your kitchen is looking good too.

    MAGGIE - I'm glad your friends enjoyed the concert too. Aix is lovely, and it's worth visiting. And I'd like to have spent more time in Nimes too.

    • Low calorie cooking spray
    • 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
    • 1 tsp mild chilli powder
    • 225g passata
    • 3 tbsp sweetener
    • 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    • ½ tsp mustard powder

    method

    1. Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a high heat for 5 minutes until softened.
    2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.
    - See more at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/barbecue-sauce.aspx#sthash.1UQxGOWS.dpuf
    • Low calorie cooking spray
    • 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
    • 1 tsp mild chilli powder
    • 225g passata
    • 3 tbsp sweetener
    • 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    • ½ tsp mustard powder

    method

    1. Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a high heat for 5 minutes until softened.
    2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.
    - See more at: http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/barbecue-sauce.aspx#sthash.1UQxGOWS.dpuf




    Comments

    1. The food sounds sooo good. I really need to do something with chickpeas(maaany tins in the cupboards) so I might try a variant on your aubergine curry (but without adding nasty slug vegetable to it!!)
      Your dinner out sounds so nice. On our penultimate dinner out, I had Côtélette des agneau grillee which was sooo good. I was given 4 chops and loads of mash and was hands down, my favourite meal!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts